Sunday, December 1, 2013

Remembering Christmas Past

I love putting out my Christmas decor.
Decorating the tree is something I look forward to every year.
But while doing it I can't help but think of Christmases gone by.


The top left is Eddies ornament, I painted that for his first Christmas with us and now that he's not with us it's kinda hard coming across it.
This is my way of keeping him with us.
The top right is a very old ornament but brand new to me.
It has been on my Grandma's tree for decades and now it is mine.
Every time a bell rings and angel gets it's wings.
This year I rang it for her.
The bottom left is the ornament that Mark and I bought together right after we were married.
This remains one of my favorite memories and love seeing it every year.
The bottom right is the ornament that my mother gave us after we were married.
I thought it so ugly at the time (sorry mom).
But now it is so precious to me.
I wrap it up so carefully every year after Christmas because it is so fragile.
Taking it out each year and finding it still safe and sound makes me happy.
Realizing that Mark and I made it through another year also, safe and sound.
I have no clue how decorating the tree got started but I love that we keep it going still.
Memories are my favorite gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment