Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Down Town

Last year was Scott's first time meeting Santa and it wasn't a great first impression.
This year Scott really understood who Santa was and, more importantly, what Santa does.
He's been talking about Santa a lot even before Thanksgiving.
We told him how we go to visit Santa and how you can ask him for a gift of whatever you want.
He came up with his list pretty early on and has stuck to it: a hermit crab figurine and dinosaur slippers.
We decided to make this year a bit more special then last year which was going to Harmens Grocery Store and visiting with Santa in front of the canned goods.
This year Scott and I met Mark in downtown SLC and went to City Creek.
The set up they have for Santa is incredible.
Scott was very shy and I almost thought he was going to turn to me and cry but the Santa was very kind and patient and welcoming.
Mark and I stood back and saw him become such a big boy, going over to him and let him place him on his lap.
He answered all Santa's questions and looked at him in the eyes.
It was wonderful to see.
Scott posed for the camera and we got this perfect picture.
I wish I would have thought about taking his coat and stuff off but oh well, he's got a cute coat. 


After Santa we went over to the food court for dinner.
The best thing about the food court is that we get to bribe Scott to eat with the dinosaur park.
This is the happiest place on earth to this boy.
It is nearly impossible to get a picture of him that isn't blurry, he can't contain his excitement and can't get to each dinosaur fast enough.
Mark and I loved seeing him so happy.


After dinner and play time we headed over to Temple Square.
I don't know what I would do if I couldn't plan on seeing the lights at Temple Square each year.
Scott loves it too.
This is my favorite place.
I love all the white lights by the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.


One of my favorite places to do family pictures, the corner of the Tabernacle and old church house.


And what's a trip to Temple Square without the Temple picture.
This is the day right before Mark's and my anniversary and it made it extra special.
So glad it wasn't this cold six years ago.
I love this Temple, I love my boys and I love that I get to be with them forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment