Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Christmas Time is Here!

Being in Young Womens is by far my most favorite calling.
I love hanging out with the girls and teaching them.
I love feeling the spirit with them and being blessed by there amazing spirits.
I love spending Sundays with them and going to activities on Wednesdays with them.
This past activity we got to go to a live nativity.
I didn't even know these things existed.
It was so much fun... and very cold.
But the spirit was so strong there that it didn't even matter.
Being pregnant over Christmas has unexpectedly been somewhat spiritual.
I guess ever since I became a mother Christmas has changed for me.
Seeing the scene below breaks my heart.
Giving birth in such a circumstance as this makes me feel spoiled.
But I start to wonder about Mary, wanting the very best for her son, knowing who he was.
I think of Joseph, wanting to provide the very best for the son of God.
I think of the spirit that must have surrounded them, knowing the spirit that overwhelms me holding my baby for the first time.
I just love this season and I love activities that make me remember the true meaning of it all.
Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment