Saturday, September 28, 2013

Scott Turns Four!


Scott's official birthday was yesterday.
He has been the size of a four year old for at least six months and his age has finally caught up.
It was a day full of reflection for us since we did the big celebration last week.
Here are some of our thoughts.
I can't remember his day of birth without fighting back tears.
It was a whirl wind of a day that I will never forget.
It was the day that my biggest dream came true.
Do you know that Scott?
I had been praying and dreaming of you for years before I knew I was pregnant with you.
I remember the first time I held you.
It was the closest I've ever felt to Heaven.
You were perfect and remain to be so even to this day.
Your father loved you the moment he saw you.
He had such a hard time handing you to others for the first few days and wouldn't give others much time holding you because he needed to hold you again.
I remember the days blurring together and loosing more and more sleep trying to take care of you and filling that endless pit of a belly.
But your daddy always knew when and how to help.
Friends would tell me to try to sleep while holding you.
I never could, you were just so tiny.
And you couldn't sleep either.
But your daddy could always get you to sleep.
I loved him cuddling you and cradling you so close and you feeling the same safety and comfort that I feel when I'm with him.
Your father has rarely gone to bed at night or left in the morning without checking on you.
through the years you have given me the widest range of emotion I have ever experienced but love, happiness, joy, bliss, pride, and wonder have dominated my life the past four years.
I wish so much out of life for you in the years to come.
But no matter what comes your way I want you to always remember these things.
Remembering these things will get you through any challenge and deepen every joy.
You are SMART!
You are STRONG!
And you are LOVED by Heavenly Father, Jesus, your mom, and your dad.
Don't ever forget.
Thank you so much for coming to this family Sweet Boy.
Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment