Saturday, August 24, 2013

My Turn

Well it's my Birthday.
And what a day it has been.
I woke up getting a text from Mark telling me he didn't have time to get the garbage out to the curb.
So I ran out to get there in time and this is what I saw.

I just got called to the Beehive adviser this past Sunday and met a few of the girls on Wednesday.
Can you believe this?
They are AMAZING!
I just can't tell you how this made me feel.
A few of them also came by later on that day and gave me my favorite ice cream, mint and chip.
Talk about love at first meet.
Thank you girl, you're the best!
My mom came up to take me to breakfast in the morning at our favorite, Kneaders.
I love how my mom makes me feel on my birthday.
She has always made me feel so special and unique which is a big deal to this girl who sometimes suffers from middle child syndrome.
Thanks mom, for having me.
Love you so much.

After breakfast I went over to hang out with my bestie and go shopping.
Melissa gives me the gift of a laughing every time I am with her.
Seriously, how often do you laugh without a care as an adult?
Maybe it's just me but I sure don't laugh like that as much as I used to as a kid.
Melissa can make my belly hurt laughing so hard.
Melissa treated me to lunch at our favorite, Texas Roadhouse.
Thanks Melissa for tearing yourself from your busy life at home and spreading your joy with me today.
You are the best.


After Melissa Mark and I went out on a date.
I was such a dope and didn't take a picture.
But Mark does that to me.
He makes me so happy and special and loved and just everything wonderful that I forget everything but him.
He's just so great!
We went to the Vietnamese place we went to for our anniversary but they were closed because of remodeling.
So we drove around, being so blissfully disappointed.
But we found a Chinese place pretty close to the house that has now been added to our favorites list.
It was such a wonderful evening with my man.
It was such a fabulous day with everyone.
Getting old sucks but I have been so blessed to have had birthdays the last few years filled with so much love that the memory makes the old part of years passing worth it.
Thanks for all of the love from family and friends who wished me well throughout the day also.

No comments:

Post a Comment