Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Noggin got a Boo Boo

Scott got to go to Thanksgiving Point Farm Country for his last day of school with his class.
He was loving it all.
He loves his class, he loves the farm, he loves it all.
He was waiting in line for the pony ride with his favorite friend playing on the bar fence, like he does every time we go.
I was just a few feet away watching, thinking how grateful I was to this sweet little girl, Elsa, who has played with Scott all year long.
Then his hand slipped and he fell back.
I saw the back of his head hit the cement with a bounce thud.
Immediately every mother was on him.
I had to push them aside telling them I'm the mom.
I don't do good in an emergency.
I'm not the one to have around at all.
When it's my baby I'm a complete wreck.
I grabbed him and someone said there was blood and I grabbed his head and kept thinking, "What do I do, what do I do?"
Luckily the other moms had there whits about them and they directed me to the aid station.
One of the moms stayed with me and I was embarrassed that I didn't know what to do but she was kind and helped me figure it out.
I mean seriously, with a head injury what do you do?
Do I call an ambulance, go to the hospital, should I go to an insta-care, do I have enough time to go to his doctor?
 Well we got the bleeding under control and this kind lady (I feel bad I don't know her name) helped me think it all through and we realized I'd be fine driving him to his doctor.
Scott mean while was acting fine.
He cried to begin with, of course, but he calmed down soon after I started holding him.
He's awesome like that.
It was nice having so many other moms there that I didn't know but could still trust so that I could leave Dean with them and take care of Scott.
After we got some temporary bandages on Scott we left to the doctors.
I love our doctors offices.
Our regular pediatrician was out of the office but another one was there and available and he was so great with Scott.
We had to wait for the while for the numbing stuff to set in then he got 5 staples in his head.
Not only was it all painless for him, Scott would even say it was fun going to the doctor.
They even let him keep the stapler and he was pretending to staple Softnesses head back together all day too.
Gave me a huge scare but he's doing great.

No comments:

Post a Comment