Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Years Eve

Since we have moved back to our house it has been wonderful.
We have reunited with so many of our old friends.
This was kinda like Mark's and my first ward after we got married.
They introduce us to how life would be as a family.
And they have welcomed us back with open arms.
It has been so good for us, compared to the cold welcome we got from our last ward.
Well we got invited to the Lymans house for new years.
We love them.
Heather was the primary president when we first moved in and she dragged me into primary soon after we came.
That's where I discovered I didn't like being in primary.
But it had nothing to do with her.
Nothing to do with anyone really, I just didn't like babysitting.
Anyway, she was always super kind to us and was such a great listening ear after I had Scott, ready to give wonderful advise when needed.
And her husband, Aaron, has always been so good to Mark.
There were some others there for dinner but eventually it was just us, the Barkers, and the Stouts, and you know the Lymans.
We love the Barkers.
Always so funny and still spiritually minded.
Their oldest daughter is now in young womens and I couldn't help but gravitate to her since I'm still at the maturity level of my girls.
The Stouts were missionaries in another ward when we first moved in before but came back and Todd became the young mens president and put Mark as the first councilor.
We love hanging out with them too.
All the kids just flipped out over Dean.
Scott loved being with all the kids.
We had a great time chatting and playing cards.
Kinda felt like the old days at the village.

We had such a great time with old friends that I know this is going to be a great new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment