Thursday, January 22, 2015

Do You Measure Up

I've always wanted one of these for my kids.
Being able to quickly, and cutely, measure the kids, marking it and not need to leave it behind when we move.
i could never buy one cause I knew I could make it so easily and inexpensively.
I finally got around to do it and guess what?
It was easy.
Super and easy and for so cheap too.
I couldn't stop doing it once I started.
I made one for Melissa, for Kirsten, for Kirsten's sister, for Jessica, and for Jacki.
I love projects like this.
I love having a garage that I can do projects like this in the winter time.
I could put a layer of stain on before Dean woke up in the morning, another layer during his first nap and again during his second.
After I put the boys down for the night I could put the first layer of sealer on it.
The next morning I could lightly sand it and put another coat on.
The sealer takes longer to dry so I could cut the vynal sometime during the day and sand it and seal it again that night.
In the morning I put the last coat of seal on.
Later that day I would put the markings on and the vynal.
Then, Volla!
It's done with hardly any interference to any of the other things I needed to do that day.
I love making them and I love how they look.
Let me know if you know anyone that wants one.
I'd be happy to help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment