Saturday, January 24, 2015

Dean is the 1

 Oh hey, just this cute boys first birthday is all.
I can hardly believe it's been a year.
He's still so young.
Isn't he?
But when I think about being in the hospital with him it feels like a life time ago.
This baby is so special to me.
Just like with Scott I prayed for him long before he was in my belly.
He can bring a smile to my face when I'm mad or sad or tired.
He has such a sweet personality.
He started walking a week ago.
What?
WALKING?!
He's just so persistent.
He doesn't know that he's younger then Scott and thinks he can do whatever we're doing.
Scott loves his little brother.
He waits for Dean to wake up every morning and when he is awake he greets him every morning as soon as he can.
He has to go with me to tell him good night with each nap and wish him sweet dreams.
And he has to go with me to get him out of his crib after he wakes up.
He feels like its part of his job of being a brother.
He loves when I ask him to look out for Dean too although he has a hard time keeping him out of trouble cause Dean is intent on doing the wrong thing.
Dean wants to explore his world so badly.
I swear he has suicidal tendencies.
Now that he walks he thinks he should walk on the stairs too.
It's hard to keep him away from the stairs.
He just wants to practice going up and down them all the time.
And so he falls a lot.
There is always a bump on his head.
Right when one is finally fading he bangs again.
No winning with this kid.
He has totally stopped cuddling with me.
It breaks my heart.
But he loves and I mean LOVES his grandparents.
I sometimes wonder if he loves my mom more then me.
But he adores my dad and treats him like they are best buds.
My parents didn't have to do any bribing or tickling to get him to like them.
He's just decided that they are his people and he trusts them to make him happy.
Mark's parents and no different.
I was amazed that he just goes right up to them and hugs them.
He doesn't see them very often at all but again, he knows that they are his people.
He doesn't respond that way to anyone else.
Scott was very much a people person and would forget about me unless he was hurt.
Dean holds onto me when we go out in the public.
Not a trusting person.
But oh how we love him.
He is so sweet and loving.
Scott would smile so easily but did makes you work for it and you want to.
You want to do what ever it takes to get it because it is such a cute smile. 
We had a small get together with family and the Smith's who did a great job spoiling him.
I'm pretty sure Scott will try to adopt all the gifts since he never seems to grow out of any toy.
But that's fine because Dean plays with all of Scott's.
Happy Birthday Deano Burrito.
We love you so so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment