Thursday, October 10, 2013

Fun with Carter


This sweet little guy next to Scott is Carter.
He is one of Scott's favorite friends and one of his few friends that are boys.
Carter is very special to our family.
Not only does he make Scott so happy but his mom helps me to be happy.
While Scott was growing up and we started having questions it was hard to get answers from those around me.
All my friends that had children Scott's age were girls.
I heard lots of, "He's a boy, boys develop slower then girls."
But something that always helped was when Sedra would post something about Carter, she was one of the few friends that had a boy.
Our friendship began when my family moved to Utah and she was in my Young Womens group at good ol' Alpine 4th Ward.
She was a year older then me and we weren't incredibly close then.
But thanks to facebook we reconnected.
Our boys we found out were very similar.
Eventually we got together and started to text and call back and forth.
We have helped one another through some pretty rough spots that few understand.
The great thing about these boys is that they are so easy for us to love because we have come to understand them and when we don't understand them we still love them.
It is such a blessing to have a wonderful friend like Carter and Sedra.
They totally get this Crazy Ellis Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment