Monday, May 13, 2013

Scott's Amazing Strides

The hardest part of taking care of the cutest boy in the world is dealing with my own imperfections.
I really want to be the perfect mom for him but it's simply not realistic.
So Scott is forced to learn how to deal with his mom.
This stresses Scott out and being the toddler that he is he often doesn't know how to react with this stress.
There are times and situations that I know will set Scott off.
We try to avoid them but some are unavoidable.
I don't like the idea of the world working around Scott's quarks because he is not the center of the universe.
I want Scott to know how the world works and to know the proper ways to deal with it.
It's hard to teach a child who just came from a perfect place to deal with the imperfections of this place.
I struggle with this teaching process.
It is teaching him how to control himself when he feels out of control.
But lately he has been surprising me.
The picture below is of Scott getting dressed.
He hates when the shirt gets stuck on his head.
Seems simple right?
Most kids hate this and often fuss when they feel stuck.
Scott doesn't just fuss though, that's kinda the difference.
I try to not let it get stuck and to move fast but sometimes it just doesn't happen.
Well it got stuck again and I was sure a fit was about to happen (I feel his stress down in my center and it radiates through my body).
But he simply pulled the whole over his head and started growling at me.
He said, "I'm a scary monster!"
It was absolutely amazing (the stress just dissipated and turned into immense pride and excitement).
I screamed and ran away.
This monster came running after me.
 This little guy is eating corn.
He used to love corn.
He would gum off the corn kernels then suck all the juices off the cob.
But come around 18 months to 2 years old he just stopped eating almost everything.
We've heard it all before.
It take putting different foods in front of them sometimes 10 times and don't let them leave the table till they eat or don't feed them anything else till they eat what they refused to eat and don't make them anything special, they need to eat what you eat.
Scott isn't just a child that wont try food, he is a child that will literally not eat anything if not what he eats.
WONT EAT ANYTHING!
So we accommodate him.
We still try to give him new food but he just wont.
 But lately he has been asking for different things to eat.
Sometimes he will try it but most the times he wont.
Today he said he wanted corn and he ate it.
My son eating something healthy makes me such a proud mom.
He ate almost the whole thing.
HURRAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment