Friday, May 3, 2013

San Francisco

We arrived Thursday night in San Ramon, my home town.
Wow it was amazing to see it again, 15 years is way too long.
I really wanted to go see our old house but it was late and our time there was so busy.
On Friday we played tourists and went to San Francisco.
Mark had never been and I loved it there.
There is one problem with traveling with so much family.
It's all agreeing on what to do.
Everyone didn't want this to happen but I think it's hard to avoid.
We wasted the morning trying to figure out what boat to take.
We all wanted to go to Alcatraz but it was sold out.
Then kicked around a few different options.
we settled on a boat ride out to Golden Gate Bridge that also went around Alcatraz.
 It was a lot of fun.
From there we all decided to split up and do our own thing.
I really wanted to show Mark China Town so we thought we would take the trolly there.
Bad idea, we got lost, by the time we finally found the trolly there was a huge line and we knew it would take hours.
So we walked.
By the time we go to China town it was time for pretty much everyone to leave for the baseball game.
Everyone but my mom, three of Ben's kids and us.
We just didn't care enough about the game to spend all that money.
We took all that weren't going to the game back to the hotel.
By then it was 9:00 pm and I was dead.
I was so looking forward to taking Mark to see San Fran but it didn't turn out like I wanted it to.
It's just so crowded there and it's hard to do anything.
Mark didn't enjoy San Fran Like I had hoped and we probably wont be returning anytime soon.
But when we do return we will stay away from the big crowds of pier 39 and stick with architectural and historical sites that we both enjoy and hope that the crowds will flood else where.

No comments:

Post a Comment