Saturday, May 4, 2013

Oakland Temple

Saturday morning we packed up and headed over to my childhood temple. 
My parents were married in this temple. 
As a child my parents would make that 30 minute drive to visit this temple. 
It is the most wonderful temple for children to visit.
You get to walk the steps to the roof where there are lots of trees and plants and grass and look out over the city and even see the ocean.
It's a wonderland there and I remember my testimony growing and the dream of getting married in the temple all started there.
Well we moved and we started visiting all the temples in Utah.
Coming back was incredible and getting to go in was a dream come true.
My family all met there and we hurried in.
Mark stayed behind to watch Scott and Anne and Natalie stayed and watched Ben's kids and Luke and April got a head start to Carmel.
It was bitter sweet being there with my family and still missing a few others but it's hard to feel too sad in the temple.
while in there we noticed one of our party missing, Ben.
He had to figure some last minute things with his kids and missed the session.
But as we finished up we entered the Celestial Room and Ben was there waiting for us and it was so comforting.
Not only was this my first session with my oldest brother Josh but also with Ben and Kim, they were living else where when I went through the temple.
Many of Josh's friends and support system there in California came through with us.
Some of those friends are friends from Josh and Ben's youth.
I remembered them from growing up there.
It was an amazing experience.
I just couldn't shake the feeling of Heaven on Earth.
Leaving one world and into another where my family will be and so many other familiar faces.
When we left I was greeted by my Scotty boy and Mark, the good feeling just kept growing.
It was amazing getting to see Scott run around and enjoy the temple the way I did when I was little.
Families are Forever!
 Scott loves visiting the temple and it may have something to do with a fountain in front of each one.

The view from the top with my family below.

 My eternal family.
Where it all started.

I am so incredibly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment