Saturday, May 4, 2013

Carmel by the Sea

After the temple we had to book it down to Carmel.
My Aunt lives there and my Grandma lived there overt the summer.
It is so beautiful there.
It's pretty yuppy but that just makes for fun people watching.
The houses and the view are incredible.
I wish I would have had time to walk the streets like I'd done before on past visits.
Like I said the houses there are so cute and small and many of them look like Snow White Cottages.
But we had to hurry and meet up with my mom's family.
We all followed my Aunt down the San Simeon Coast for about two hours.
Oh my word, I love the ocean.
I find so much peace and strength from the ocean.
I wish I could take the Utah mountains and put them next to the ocean.
Scott loved seeing so much water too.
He's just like me that way.
We arrived at a beautiful pull off where my Grandma and Grandpa used to sit at and watch the sunset.
We had a beautiful little program honoring my Grandma.
I was sad that I didn't get to say a few things about my grandma so I will now.
She was a women who loved to smile and it was contagious to all who saw it.
She had the ability to find that special thing about everyone.
I have always been so jealous of my little sister and the attention that she naturally got because I have always been shy.
But Grandma always gave each of us seven kids attention and made us feel special.
When we visited she would give each f us time to be with her.
She didn't expect me to perform or dance or sing like my sisters did.
She would always ask me to tell her something new.
A new story or a new fact.
I didn't know it then but I see it now.
She knew that I loved to learn, that I loved to tell a story, that I just liked to talk.
I'm so grateful to her for wanting me to be me.
For loving me for me.
Few people have this ability.
 I hope to learn it and share my Grandma's gift with my family and friends.
Thank you Grandma, I love you.
 This isn't the exact spot we went to but I fell in love with it.
It doesn't need to be a sunny sandy beach to be a beautiful ocean day.

 Gosh these two are cute.
I will forever have this image in my head.

My mom and her sister spreading my grandma's ashes at her special spot.

 My mom and her sisters, Vickie and Mary Anne.

 I'm sad I didn't get the posed picture but this is my Aunt Vickie's family, Uncle Steve is next to her kind of hidden.
There is my Cousin Jared and his wife along with Jeddie.
Then my cousin Laurie and her family.
It's been so long since we saw them and it makes me sad but so happy that we were all able to come together for this occasion.

Uncle Mark, Ashley, Aunt Marry Ann, Morgan and her new husband, Erik.
Mark got to meet them when we came to visit my Grandma after we were married.
It's been more recent since we saw them but still too long.

And here is the McEvoy clan.
I will always remember this trip and all the fun we had.
I love my family so much and am so thankful for the Gospel that keeps us tied together.
In the fall my mom will do my Grandmothers work.
My mom told her she would before she past and my grandma gave her her blessing.
My mom's Patriarcle Blessing says that her family will accept the gospel.
This has been frustrating for my mom at times when she has tried to talk to them about the church.
Since my Grandma gave her blessing to have her work done my mom has found peace in knowing that some blessings come after we think it's too late.
After our modest services we headed back to Carmel and had a wonderful dinner on the beach.
We got to share more stories about Grandma and our childhood.
We got to catch up with family and made vows to get together again and not let it take so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment