Saturday, April 5, 2014

My Very Own Quilt

I don't get much sewing or crafting done these days.
I miss it but I love playing with my boys more.
Sewing is kinda the same story.
I don't sew much for myself, I enjoy sewing for my boys more.
But after starting and stopping this project over and over again for the past few years I finally got around to making a quilt for myself.
I always think about matching everything to the decor in my house which doesn't change much but it takes me so long to finish things that by the time I get close to finishing it I do want to change it.
This time I said I don't care.
I'm matching my quilt to me and nothing else.
It's all colors and patterns that I love together.
I picked super soft fabric for the back and gent it off to the quilter.
I got it back that same time I got Dean's quilt back but it got put on the back burner again.
Well I wanted it so I finished the binding (it's the easiest step but I hate doing it probably more then any other step, I don't know why).
And here it is.
I love it and as you can see Scott does too.
When I annoused that I finished he yelled in excitement, "YEAAAH! My quilt is done!"
Oh I corrected him real quick.
He is fine with it being mine so long as I share.
Mark also loves how soft the back is and tries to claim it for his own at times.
I love it and I love that my family loves my quilts.
Every time I look at it and snuggle with it I become proud of myself all over agian.
I made this, I finished this, I did something for me, and I did a good job.
Now that feeling is worth all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment