Thursday, April 24, 2014

Date Night

A mother knows when her child is struggling.
Scott has been loving his brother so much but he has also been missing all of his moms attention.
This day Scott was having a particularly hard time.
He never blames Dean or is ever mean to him but he has just increasingly need to be around me all the time.
I sit down he sits right next to me, almost on my lap.
I get up to go to the bathroom he tries to follow me, when I tell him I just need to go potty and that I'll be out in a bit he waits at the door.
I change Dean's diaper, he wants to watch, I feed Dean, he wants to be right there with me.
It's not that I don't love my Scott but I need some space sometimes.
So one day he was stuck to me like glue it felt like and I knew he needed some extra loves.
So right when Mark got home I had just finished nursing Dean and I jumped up and grabbed Scott and we left.
He got to pick where we would go and what we would do.
We always pace the place with the bears and he decided he wanted to go see the bears.
We had never been but Oh, we will be back.
The Black Bear Diner was awesome and was the perfect place for our date together.
We got pancakes and he got a balloon T Rex and they even had an ice cream sunday tray for him to make his own.
We had the best time.
Scott and I both needed it and Mark needed some extra bonding time with Dean.
I'm so glad I took him out instead of got angry or tried to run away from him.
Every now and again I'm a good mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment