Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Big Kick!

This kid makes me laugh.
He is always ready for fun.
So we try to find more things that he might find fun.
Soccer came up.
Why not right.
We practiced in the yard a few times and he did good.
But on the field it's a little different.
Scott likes structure and the field for a bunch of 4 year olds doesn't have a whole lot of structure.
He thought he had to wait in line so everyone could have a turn to kick the ball.
Once he realized that wasn't the case he didn't much care for it.
He got mad a few times because they weren't letting him have a try.
I tried to tell him it was like chase but instead of chasing a person everyone had to chase the ball.
He got a few kicks in and he would yell over to me or come over to me after wards saying, "I did it!!!" so proud of himself.
But eventually it turned to playing and running around on the side of the field with his friend Will.
We gave up after a few games.
I'm not going to rule soccer out completely.
Maybe we'll try again later when he's a bit older and the others a bit older.
When there can be a bit more structure.
Oh and when it's not so freezing cold out.
All that being said I still love how cute he is in his uniform.

No comments:

Post a Comment