Saturday, January 25, 2014

Dean Sinclair Ellis

We have a new addition to our family.
Our little Dean Sinclair Ellis was born on January 24, 2014 at 6:10 pm.
He came in weighing 7 lbs 11oz and 20 inches long.
It was a long wait in the hospital for Mark and I so of course we had to take a picture.

 We got in the hospital around 7, got my water broken at about 8 or 8:30 and then waited.
I really wanted to try to just go into labor and not use pitocin.
I was dilated to a 4 or a 5 and was 80% effaced when we went into the hospital.
But come 2:00 with no progression we decided to start it but slowly.
My nurse left about that same time.
A new nurse came into to check on me but only checked my progression once.
I started having contractions every two and a half minutes regularly around 3:30 but no one checked my progression.
I sent Mark to get himself dinner around 5:30.
I was getting bugged at that point, I was hungry, I was bored, and no one seemed to be too concerned with me.
At 5:45 my original nurse came in.
She was so sorry to leave but she had to help deliver a baby that took three hours, not cool.
She was also surprised no one had checked on me.
So she does and was shocked to find baby 100% ready to come.
I started to freak out.
Mark wasn't there.
I never would have sent him out if someone had checked on me and told me I had progressed.
Luckily, I called Mark, he was close and came rushing over.
He got there in time and I started to push.
Four good pushes and he was out.
All that waiting, as annoying as it was, made things for super fast in the end.
And I finally got to hold this little bundle.


Here is my wonderful doctor who put up with all my crazy for the last eight months.
We love Dr. Langer.



Scotty seeing his baby brother for the first time.
He was so calm and sober and proud.
He knew exactly who the baby was, his little brother.


And here are all my boys.
Mark and I were so excited and a little nervous for Scott to meet his baby brother.
Scott seemed to understand that there was a baby coming but did he really understand how life was going to change?
I don't think any child can really know.
But seeing Scott meeting his brother for the first time was one of the best moments for Mark and I.
He just loved him instantly.
Scott and baby Dean exchanged gifts also.
Scott had bought the baby his own softness.
It has a whale on the top.
And baby Dean got Scott a Thomas the Train Lego set.
This helped to seal the deal that Dean was very welcome.


And here is my perfect baby Dean.


No comments:

Post a Comment