Monday, April 15, 2013

Workin It

As I said earlier Mark got me a treadmill for Christmas.
After I got it Mark and I both had a great time running and walking on it for a good month.
But then I went to Idaho for a week and after I got back I had this crazy idea to potty train Scott.
CRAZY!
Then our family spent a few weeks being sick which was a lot a fun, let me tell you.
Well I'm done being sick and potty training and being lazy too.
Spring is here and summer is right behind it.
Our family bought "The Pass of All Passes" this year and Scott and I plan to spend a lot of time at the water park.
I am not ready for swim suit season so I got to start workin it.
Two weeks ago I went off sugar for three days to try to get it cleared from my system.
I was completely addicted.
Three days may not seem like such a big deal to most but it was SO hard for me.
After the three days I didn't crave it anymore.
I also went off of soda at the same time, obviously, it has sugar in it
I didn't even try to justify getting a diet soda.
I am now on my second week without soda and I'm doing just fine.
I'm not craving the caffeine or the bubbles running down my throat.
Well last week I started working out again.
I'm running and doing weights and some yoga and other stuff, all on my own.
I'm always thinking it would be easier if I had my gym pass again or if I had my work out buddy again or if I had more work out videos.
I was constantly making excuses for not having one thing.
WILL POWER!
I had NO will power.
No self control.
But I realized something when I was trying to go without sugar.
I had read that it takes three days to break the sugar addiction and I told myself that I could do three days.
And I did!
I told myself that I could go without soda for a week if I was going without sugar.
And I did!
I realized I did have self control, but I had to set small and realistic goals instead of crazy ones.
Maybe it started while potty training Scott and I realized that I could do hard things.
I don't know but I feel like a new person.
I'm not completely off sugar anymore but I practice self control by limiting my intake and replacing it with more healthy food the majority of the time.
I still have days when I don't want to work out but I have set a goal to stick to this till we go to California the second week in May.
That's three more weeks.
I can do that right?!
It will be hard but I CAN do hard things!

No comments:

Post a Comment