Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Fun Project

I love painting and fixing furniture.
Mark likes things nice and new.
But he only wants them when we can afford them and need them.
Well I may not need some of the things I get the moment I get them but I get them for incredible deals and after I fix them it's still much less then I could buy it new for.
Well mom told me she had a corner hutch from one of her rentals that she didn't want anymore.
I died!
I have been wanting one for years, ever since I saw one in a friends house within the first year I was married so for about 5 years.
She was giving it to me for free and even brought it with her when coming to visit me.
She didn't have a lot of hope for the hutch and thought I was a bit delusional for seeing potential.
I saw something incredible.
I sanded it like crazy.
I painted coat after coat.
I sanded it some more.
I sealed it.
I was in love!
Here it is.
I am so happy with the final product.

I didn't have any other cream furniture so I also painted my console table cream although I didn't antique it.
Mark likes the final product also but still thinks I crazy.
Oh well, if I'm crazy then I shall stay that way because I enjoy this so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment