Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Farm Country

I think I've written before about my mom having a pass to Thanksgiving Point.
She gets Scott in for free and me in for half off.
It has been so fun for us.
We have only been to the dinosaur museum till now.
It was hard driving there and Scott seeing the dinosaurs on the wall and then telling him we weren't going in.
But it didn't take long for him to understand.
We went to Farm Country and he loved it.
Around animals is where this boy comes most alive (dinosaurs included).
He loved every animal we saw.
I would show him one and he would smile and laugh and talk to it.
If we could pet them I would take his hand which was nervous and force him to touch it.
He would laugh and pull away the first time but he would try it again by himself within a moments time.
I would pick him  up and drag him away to show him another animal.
Each new animal was heaven and leaving each animal was torture.


After an insanely long line full of cutting and one person saving a spot for 10 children he finally got a pony ride.
This picture doesn't even begin to portray the pride he felt on that horse.
It was incredible how he got one and I knew that he immediately had this feeling of home. 
Like Hercules on Pegasus.
He was born to ride a horse.
We can't wait to go back just for the pony ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment