Saturday, March 30, 2013

Scottosaurous Rex

While living in the village a friend of ours gave Scott a nick name.
Scottosuarous Rex!
Just a bit on the mark I'd say since every time he likes someone he Roars at them.
Which is what he always did to our friend Cam.
Scott is absolutely in love with dinosaurs.
He thinks about them all day long.
He dreams about them at night (sometimes he talks in his sleep).
He eats them, breakfast he likes Coco Dino Bites, lunch we turn his sandwich into two long necks with a cutter, and for dinner he eats dino nuggets.
Thanks to Sid in "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs" he now eats broccoli.
Scott also prays for his dinosaurs.
This past week Scott started saying prayers on his own.
He thanks our Father for the dinosaur museum, for the T Rex, Brachiosaurus, Triceratops, Allosaurus, and so on.
He goes through about 10 to 15 sometimes.
He's just added Godzilla to the list after watching a silly cartoon of it.
As of now I find this completely adorable.
He tells his Father about the things he loves.
He may not be thinking about it that way but I love that he does it and I can still take his example.
Not just ask for blessings but be more grateful for the things I love and to tell my Father about all that I do.
Another cute/ funny thing that Scott just did happened this morning.
Well, first off, whenever Mark and I hug or kiss Scott has to join in.
He sees us hugging and he runs over and squeezes between our legs and hugs us.
If we kiss he comes over and gives us kisses.
If we say "I love you" to one another he says it too.
I just love that he knows where he belongs and that's with us.
Well this morning Mark came over as I was resting (I'm sick) and told me he loved me and kissed me.
Scott was laying next to me and leaned in for Mark to kiss him.
But the funny thing is that the way Mark said "I love you" to me Scott said "Allosaurus" and expected a kiss.
I guess that's another way of saying "I love you."
I don't know but he did the same thing right after Mark kissed him to me and also wanted a kiss after.
This kid is a mystery to me.
I just adore him and his love of dinosaurs.
Allosaurus Scotty Boy!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment