Thursday, February 28, 2013

Potty Training

 I got this crazy feeling like I should potty train Scott.
CRAZY!!!!
I don't know what I was thinking because it was seriously the hardest thing I've done thus far in my life.
I have never practiced so much patience or self restraint before in my life.
This kid is stubborn and can be so hard to teach.
This momma just finds it easier to give up a lot of the time.
But one thing I kept hearing was once you start you can't stop.
I was over whelmed at best.
We started on Monday after school.
I don't know why, I just all the sudden decided now was as good a time as any.
So we brought the candy in the bathroom so we could get him his reward instantly.


It was hard to stay positive while dealing with pee.
I did pretty well till Wednesday.
Scott had school and he needed to go since he had missed so much and I knew he needed to learn to go pee at school at some point.
My problem was that we had been pumping him full of liquid for the past two days to get him to go more often but I didn't want to do that before school.
So I didn't and he ended up having an accident.
He also hadn't pooped since Sunday and that was really stressing me out.
I was a mess but I sent him off and went shopping.
Shopping for more treats and dinosaur underwear.
I also bought some poop incentives.
After he came home from school I felt like we were starting all over again.
But by Thursday I think he was getting the hang of it and by Thursday night he pooped in the potty for the first time.
Look at this proud boy.
He got big brachiosaurus for going poop.
He called his grandma and best friend Jaeley to tell them that he is a big boy.
It really only took him a week to learn how to go pee in the potty and I was glad because I was a mess.
It took him longer to trust the toilet with his poop but after a lot of accidents and staring up at more dinosaur toys for a long time he has finally gotten past his trust issues.
Scott is finally potty trained!
Now we are just trying to get him to pull up his own pants.
Never thought that would be the longest lesson of this whole thing, but I'll take it over pee on the ground any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment