Sunday, February 17, 2013

Idaho Croud

I spent the last week in Idaho watching my nieces and nephews while their mom and dad were on a cruise.
Little bit jealous of them right now.
I'm not going to lye, they were a lot of work.
A lot more work then I'm used to with Scott.
Dealing with one child is hard enough for me right now but jumping into the role of having 5 almost did me in.
But I got to have so much fun hanging out with the kids.
As weird as it sounds helping the kids with homework was the funnest part.
Maybe it was because they were older then Scott and Brooke and it was the closest to an adult conversation I got all week (talking on the phone with Mark each night isn't the same).
Maybe it was me rekindling my old desire to teach.
I don't know what it was but we had a lot of laughs.
I look forward when Scott will be so goofy.
These kids also amazed me with how smart they are.
I hated spelling and I really don't want Scott to struggle with that.
Well I also don't want these kids to struggle either so when I found out they had a spelling test on Friday I decided they were going to ace it.
So I got their list and we looked at it together and I started thinking all the ways I could help them remember the words.
But before that I thought I would give them a practice test at home.
They aced the practice test.
How am I supposed to help kids that already know their stuff?
The kids also play so well with each other.
That's always a good thing in families.
It means that I hardly ever had to play bad cop and break arguments but it also means that they have good relationships with each other.
Brooke probably had the hardest time with her mom and dad being gone.
She is used to having a lot of one on one time since she's the youngest and the kids are gone at school but with Scott being there and Scott being pretty high maintenance she got the shaft sometimes.
I feel bad about that.
But she loves Scotty and she wanted so much to play with him and Scott did pretty well but he's still not at Brooke's level and I bet that was hard for her too.
But Brooke and I got to play and eat out more then the other kids did (Scott would have if he ever ate any outside food). 

No comments:

Post a Comment