Saturday, July 11, 2015

Bryce Canyon Half Marathon


Here we are, we did it!
Over Easter April caught me at a weak moment and somehow I agreed to do a half marathon.
I really did want to do a half marathon but I never thought it was possible.
But my sweet Lexi Soper did one and I saw her training and working hard for her goal and that inspired me.
I wanted to set a goal and see it through.
I haven't really been good at long term goals.
If I started at Easter I would have enough time to get myself where I needed to be.
I am really amazed that I followed through.
Every week I would do something I never had before.
But I would get very discouraged during training too.
I was constantly wondering why I signed up.
Constantly wish I could quit.
Constantly wishing I would finally break a bone to get out of it.
Constantly needing people to help encourage me.
Which my sister Katie and my friend Kelsie were always ready to help.
I totally felt the mind game not just during the training runs but throughout the whole week.
I am amazed that I was able to do this.
I did not love training for it.
But at the same time, I did something that I really didn't know I was capable of.
That's what I wanted.
I wanted to expand myself past my limits.
I wanted to push myself.
And I did just that.
AHOY, I RUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment