Saturday, August 9, 2014

Mash

 I love girls camp.
Always have and I hope I always will.
It makes me feel young.
I love my girls.
I love the other leaders I work with
I love the spirit that is there.
I love the mountains.
I love swimming in lakes
I love the hiking.
I love the messages shared.
I love the fires.
I love snacking.
I love the games.
I love the skits.
I love it all!
Well i don't love the singing but I can deal with that if it means I get to do all the other stuff.
We had an awesome place to camp.
We were super close to our own private lake with a zip line.
We had pretty great weather most of the time too.
We got to do an obsticle course that helped get the girls out of whatever shells they had built up, our girls get along super good anyway but stuff like this always helps.
We did a mock battle too.
Lamenites vs. Nephites
We got to climb the rock walls.
I gave the girls some tough love by yelling at them as they climbed.
They kept wanting to give up and I'm the only one who's allowed to quit things.
Never these girls, they can do hard things, and now they know it.
We went exploring in the woods looking for a moose.
Didn't find it but we played some fun pranks along the way.
We played so many fun card games.
I played a new one called "Spot It".
I'm buying it right after I write this because it was so much fun and I know that Scotty would love it as well as my family.
Us leaders stayed up late most night just chatting and gossiping and giggling like school girls.
I love these amazing women I get to work with.
I felt the spirit so strong.
Girls Camp has a spirit that can reach even the hardest heart.
It is probably one of the most sacred places for me.
I can't do it justice.
I want a daughter so bad just so I can go with her there.
But for now I'm just so happy that I have all these amazingly awesome young women on loan to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment