Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Temple Walk

So a while ago I saw this church video of this young womens group in Ephraim hike 8 miles or something through a canyon down to the Manti Temple.
After the hike they had a little program talking about how coming up on the temple felt like how it would feel going to Heaven.
I knew instantly that I wanted to do this with my girls.
I sent the video to Soper and Ginell and told them we must do this.
Through all the planning meetings I made sure they remember this.
I had so many conflicts on how to achieve the spirit I so wanted the girls to feel.
After asking for a bit of advise in the beginning I realized that I had an image in my head of what I wanted and I should start trusting myself to figure it out.
This activity kinda became mine.
I just needed to share this special testimony of mine with the girls of the temple.
So how it happened was we all started at the Church.
From there it was about three miles to the temple.
I split the girls up in three groups and staggered their start times.
Along the way there would be three stops where the girls would be give a choice.
They had to roll a dice to find out if they made a good choice or a bad choice.
If they made a bad choice they got a bad consequence that would slow them down on their journey.
Like taking a detour around the park or hopping part of the way in a potato sack.
If they made a good choice they got a good consequence to help them along or lift their spirits.
Things like Gatorade or a cookie.
The girls did great and had a fun time along the way.
Once they all got to the temple we had popsicles waiting for them as a refresher.
We Soper tell her testimony of the temple.
She is so honestly powerful.
The girls will not soon forget the lessons she has taught them.
Then we had letters written for the girls.
We asked their parents to write something for each of them.
The temple is all about families being together forever and I wanted the girls to feel the love of their families while there.
I hope that they realized that it is our choices that bring us closer or farther from the temple.
That we shouldn't give up even if we've fallen behind.
That there is more then one way to make it there and none of them includes being perfect.
That we are all here on this earth to help one another on the journey.
That families can be together forever.
I know that about the temple.
I know that it is my goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment