Saturday, November 16, 2013

Early

I am completely against celebrating Christmas before Thanksgivng.
Each holiday deserves it's time to shine.
But the stores have it all wrong.
They put out fall decor out and then Halloween and then got strait to Christmas.
So frustrating.
I usually hold firm on my belief that Christmas starts on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
Usually but this year I broke.
Scott is so confused because the stores tell him one thing and I tell him another.
The stores made the more convising arguement this year.
Scott is really grasping onto the excitement of the season and especially the holidays this time of year brings.
I tried to tell him that after halloween it's Thanksgiving and after Thanksgiving its Christmas.
He didn't know what this Thanksgiving was even though his teachers and Mark and I tried to explain it to him.
All he sees is Christmas.
He's been seeing Christmas since before Halloween and has been asking if it's Christmas time.
Well Scott has also been having a lot of anxiety lately.
How do children handle anxiety?
They don't!
He's been having huge fits and Mark and I have been baffled as to how to help him through it.
So, in an effort to try to make him happy I let him put up his tree.
I set up our little four foot tree on a little table (It's the tree Mark and I bought together while still dating, I can't help but smile inwardly at the memories that flood back with that tree).
Scott got to hang all the decor on it.
He was loving it.
When Scott concentrates he sticks his tongue out and bites it just like his daddy, so adorable.
Anyway, here's the boy who has us wrapped around his finger breaking tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment