Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween 2014

This year for Halloween I let Scott decide what he wanted to be.
So I looked up boy halloween costumes on pinterest and we both looked through the pictures.
Scotted enjoyed seeing all the different costumes but only one caught his eye.
He wanted to be a scuba diver.
A big breath of relief on my part came out.
I was worried he would want to be an animal or dinosaur and I kinda feel like he's too big for that.
But a scuba diver, that would be super easy to make and totally fits Scott's personality right now, not to mention my love for all things ocean.
So we went and bought a black sweats outfit, some green duck tape and a couple bottles of root beer.
My mom had goggles and a snorkel.
I also got some cheep tube and connector pieces at Lowes.
I don't really count the sweats into the prices since he'll be able to wear them long after Halloween so the price for this costume was very inexpensive and the time spent was maybe an hour.
As for Dean I knew right after Scott told me what he wanted to be what I wanted him to be.
Why a shark of course.
Last year for Christmas I got a Shark beany for Scott.
It was a bit big for Dean but it would be fine.
I went and got him a grey sweat suit (again something that can be worn all winter long not just that day) and he was done.
This whole not making things complicated thing is starting to grow on me.
And here is the finished product. 

Insanely cute right?!
I couldn't be more please with how cute they looked together.
We went over to a friends house for dinner and trick or treating.
Mark and Dean stayed behind with the guys and babies while Scott and I went out.
We wish we would have all gone out together as a family, Mark missed seeing Scott running from house to house and I missed Dean.
Next year I think we'll try to make it more family time instead of all about friends.
Every year Scott gets more and more excited over holidays and it makes me want to keep that magic alive and going.
I'm so excited to see that happen with Dean too.
Children make everything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment