Sunday, February 22, 2015

A New Kinda Bike

Mark finally got a motorcycle.
We have always talked about getting one.
Even before we were married I knew that he wanted one and we would dream about going on long rides across the country on one.
No one likes the idea.
People keep calling me wondering what the heck he is thinking.
I'm not the one who controls that man.
And even if I did I wouldn't stop him from getting one.
I married him knowing that's what he wanted.
Heck I've wanted one too.
Not this kind but still.
I wanted a Harley cruiser type bike.
But we'll get that eventually.
It's been nice for him to have.
He rides it to work and can now go to places without taking the car.
But he loves it so much that he likes to just go on a ride for fun.
I don't love him going out all the time but it's his new toy so I understand that he wants to play with it.
He also got all the protective gear for it.
He can't ride it without his full suit.
He has the helmet, the leather coat, the leather gloves, the canvas pants, and even the boots.
And all those items have tons of hard protective things sewn in.
I'm not too worried about him.
He's used to not being seen while on his road bike so he knows how to be an overly defensive driver.
He's also taken a course to help give him lots of new tips.
He knows that he has to be incredibly careful.
I worry about the other drivers on the road but I've had to put that worry aside when he goes on his road bike rides.
He's happy with it and that's all I could ask for.
Well almost all.
I kinda wish it was a different color but then I remind myself that yellow is pretty visible so I guess it's fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment