Thursday, June 6, 2013

Keni Girl

While in the village we became best friends with the Porters.
Kelsie and I started crafting together and working on the quietbooks.
Joe and Mark both road biked and mountain biked and had a lot in common.
and their daughter Keni was born a week after Scott was born.
Keni and Scott have always gotten along.
In fact I would daresay that Keni has always played the very best with Scott.
They moved to vernal after they were done with School and we don't get to see them as often as we would like.
While in Vernal Keni started to act unlike herself.
She was becoming tired all the time, amoungst other things.
Eventually they sought medical help.
Thought got all sorts of scans looking at the different areas of the body that they saw symptoms coming from.
One day I was talking to Kels and she confided in me that she worried that it was something in Keni's head.
I thought she was being silly but we both decided it may be mothers intuition and it was worth checking out.
I will never forget the call from Kelsie.
I knew it was the day of the scan and she told me she would call after words so I answered the phone by asking if they found anything.
She, through broken sobs told be that there was a tumer in Keni's brain.
It was madness.
Our Keni girl who I love almost as much as my own child, who Scott love and adores was sick.
They went through a whirl wind of a week and a half.
They left Vernal almost instantly and came to Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake.
She went in surgery the day after getting there.
It went well and they got 98% of it out.
from there she had to take more tests and scans and they had to keep an eye on her and the beginning of her recovery.
She was amazing and such a champ through all of it.
We got to visit her a few times and each time I was amazed at this sweet little tiny love going through such an ordeal.
We started praying for Keni the moment we heard about her condition.
Scott only needed to be told once and from then on he would pray for Keni.
He asked about her first thing in the morning most days.
This was his first experience with a friend being sick and I was amazed at how much he understood.
Our prayers were answered and Keni seems to be doing awesome.
She is back to her old happy and energetic self again.
God bless you Keni, we love you so much beautiful girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment